Coaches Corner

Edson Minor Basketball's mission is to provide the youth in the Edson and surrounding area with a basketball program that will help them to develop the FUNdamental skills of the game while promoting a healthy and active lifestyle, sportsmanship, and teamwork. 

This area is designed to help coaches with their practice planning.  Coaches can choose to follow the practice plans directly from the Steve Nash Youth Basketball Handbook, follow the Jr. NBA Practice Plans or can create their own using the resources provided here.  Don't forget, that the first part of Fundamentals is FUN.  We want our players to develop as players, but we also want them to create fond memories.  It is important that both the coach the players are familiar with the rules of play for games.  These rules are a modified version of FIBA rules and will be used in both EMB league and tournament games.

Here is a sample of skills and drills that should be included in practices.  Do not try to incorporate too many different skills into one practice.  Choose a focus skill for the practice.  You should spend 60% of the practice working on your focus skill.  The remaining 40% should compromise a warm-up, some basic ball handling skills, and 1 other supplementary skill (different than the focus skill).  Each of the links below will take you to Youtube playlist.

Warm-up Activities

Ball Handling

Dribbling Drills

Shooting Drills 

Lay Up Drills

Passing Drills

Individual Defense Drills

Rebounding Drills

Team Offense Drills

Team Defense Drills


If you have any questions or need some advice, you can always contact Vernon or Melissa Johnson. 

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information